On 2002.01.25, at 01:17, Cranz, Gregory wrote:
>> Please, pretty please, carbonize MacPerl.
>
> I shudder to think of having to differentiate between both versions when
> debugging or having a conversation on this thread.
>
> IMHO, MacPerl was a stopgap that kept the Mac in the game until we've
> got
> OS/X i.e. Un*x to work with.  It was wonderful & I used it profusely.
> Hell
> I still do, with my older machines, but mixing both of them in one
> environment is asking, no begging for trouble.

   I am not in need of "MacPerl X" or "Carbonized MacPerl" myself, too.
Still I find no reason for objecting MacPerl X.  Windoze come w/ cygwin
perl and ActivePerl.  MacPerl X for OS X can be what ActivePerl is for
Windoze.
   Or how about ProjectBuilder support Perl for those who are in need of
IDE?
   As Larry Wall says, there are more than one way to do it.

   Well, for me Emacs is quite enough (caveat broken VC mode of
preinstalled version).

Dan the Man with Too Many Platforms to Support