On 2002.02.06, at 08:52, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Are you testing on UFS or HFS+?  I'm on UFS.  It also leaves behind a
> "dummy" file that is locked, that I couldn't figure out how to unlock
> using your tools (psetfinfo has very broken docs) but luckily I had
> FileBuddy-X around to fix.

   My development environment is HFS+.  However, psync and other commands
are tested on HFS+, UFS, NFS and AFP.
   I will check to see if build environment works on UFS also.
   As for psetfinfo, yes,  pod needs some polishing.  Pod-linting is very
welcome (But I have to tell you, too that SetFile, which functionalities
psetfinfo based upon, doesn't even come with manpage!)
   As for the locking on UFS, it may be due the fact that Carbon's
FSpSetLock() not only changes nodeFlag but also sets uchg of st_flags
(it was interesting).  So you can use chflags(1) or my humble BSD::stat
to unset the locking....

Dan