At 8:38 PM -0700 2/10/2002, Justin Simoni wrote:
>I receive this message in the bounced email:
>
>smrsh: perl not available for sendmail programs
>
>So I went poking around to see if I could figure out how I can make smrsh to
>make perl available for sendmail, and got this from its man page:
>
>        Briefly, smrsh limits programs  to  be  in  the  directory
>       /usr/adm/sm.bin,  allowing  the  system  administrator  to
>       choose the set of acceptable commands
>
>Which is super, but I cannot find /usr/adm/sm.bin in OSX. I can't find
>anything sm.bin. Has anyone figured out what should be done in this
>situation?

If memory serves, I created the directory...

% sudo mkdir -p /usr/adm/sm.bin -m 755

.... and then placed the link in it...

% sudo ln -s /path/to/script.pl /usr/adm/sm.bin/script.pl

.... where the permissions on /path/to/script.pl are 755.

And then change /etc/mail/aliases to show:

scripttest: "|script.pl"

I believe that should work as long as /path/to/script.pl has a full
shebang line. Then, you wouldn't need to explicitly add perl to sm.bin.

-Charles
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Charles Albrecht                                      Euonymic Solutions
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                       P.O. Box 300623
                http://www.euonymic.net/~charlesa/cv/