On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Balint, Jess wrote:

> I know this is kind of off-topic and so last-week, but I don't think
> default tcsh does psuedo-spell checking by default.

*shrug*

I didn't explictly turn it on anywhere, but it did so out of the box when
i first started using OSX, and when I went back & tried it on my Solaris
account (this one), it worked here too. I do not, as far as I can tell,
have any lines in my .cshrc or .tcshrc files specifically enabling this
behavior. It Just Works for me. *shrug*

> [jbalint@davinci|rmds02]/qmds/jbalint/20020319% grap
> grap: Command not found.

*shrug* Pasting from my Solaris tcsh account:

  % grap bar foo

  CORRECT>graph bar foo (y|n|e|a)? no
  grap: Command not found.
  % grip bar foo

  CORRECT>gzip bar foo (y|n|e|a)? no
  grap: Command not found.
  % grop bar foo

  CORRECT>grep bar foo (y|n|e|a)? no
  grap: Command not found.
  % grup bar foo

  CORRECT>rup bar foo (y|n|e|a)? no
  grap: Command not found.
  %

Obviously it's not perfect, but it's still nice. Also, if you accept the
alternative that it offers, then your history file is amended to show the
corrected spelling/command; otherwise the typo stays in there.

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/