On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Finlay Dobbie wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 11:09 PM, Chris Devers wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if OSX 10.2 is going to have a Perl upgrade (in which
> > case I'll try to sweat this out),
>
> Not AFAIK. The Apple perl module was in a bit of a mess last time I
> looked.

....Great...

> > or if Perl 5.8 will be out soon (in
> > which case I'll try to sweat this out)
>
> No idea.

Supposedly it's imminent, but we'll see. Even when it does come out, it'll
have to be tested on OSX. Guess that makes me a guinea pig here :)

> Perhaps you could extract the relevant pieces from the OS X installer
> with Pacifist?

Actually, I was about to try that when Ken Williams' suggestions about
dynamic loading of corrupted modules helped pin it on Storable.pm. That
resolved the bulk of the problem, and though it has come up again a couple
more times since yesterday -- Mime::Base64 seems broken too -- I now have
a strategy to work with in pinning down & fixing the errors as they come
up. Perl itself seems to be fine, it's just (I suspect) the stuff I built
over the past few months is, at least partially, corrupted. Fixing these
components one by one isn't that bad though, now that the problem has been
identified.

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/

"More war soon. You know how it is."    -- mnftiu.cc