And there I was thinking how lucky we were on OSX to have gotten away
for the most part from the kind of radical posing and entrenchement
that other perl mailing lists have. In bygone time this kind of
posting would have had "NETTIQUETTE" somewhere in it's subject line.

In short this list is for OSX + perl - that's a broad spectrum,
particularly as OSX isn't as similar to Unix as some people would
have you believe, so there are a lot of questions to be asked, a lot
of them basic.To be honest I like the atmosphere on this list for the
most part -  instilling fear is never a good way to encourage
enlightenment.

As far as the hardened tech/admin/hacker whatever aspect - I've been
on mailing lists long enough that I can see newbie postings a mile
off, I either don't read them or don't reply if I have no desire to
say anything constructive - I'm not paying to download each posting
individually (which is just as well because I'm on other mailing
lists _way_ more active than this one),<SMILE TONE ="JOCKULAR">
bandwidth is only an issue to those who have small HD</SMILE>.

C'mon guys try to rise above this kind of stuff and lets get on with
debating which end of your boiled egg you should crack open.