On 02.4.25 8:33 PM, "Sherm Pendley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 10:52 PM, Ward W. Vuillemot wrote:
>
>> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>>         LANG = "ja_JP"
>>     are supported and installed on your system.
>> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>>
>> I use Japanese as default for the OS.  I configured by .cshrc to change
>> that
>> when I use the terminal. . .but I am not sure how to set this otherwise.
>>
>> When I installed perl, I had typed in
>>   setenv LC_ALL C
>>   setenv LANG "en_US"
>
> I'm not certain - I speak only English, and so I've never had to deal
> with locale issues.
>
> Having said that, it appears to me that Perl is confused because it was
> compiled in the English/US locale, but is running (as part of mod_perl)
> in the Japanese locale.
>
> If I'm correct, the solution would be to either a) Compile Perl in the
> Japanese locale, or b) modify the Apache startup script
> (/System/Library/StartupItems/Apache/Apache) to run Apache in the
> English/US locale.
>
> Not only would the latter be simpler, it would also allow you to use
> your English version of Perl with your current terminal environment.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> sherm--
>

> Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law
> against it by that time.

Might you know how I might do that?  I cannot seem to find anything online
or in the docs (not sure exactly what to search under) to configure Apache
in such a manner.

I did try apachectl.  I got the following error:
 pid file /private/var/run/httpd.pid overwritte
n -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

When I tried to see the full status, I got this
[localhost:var/log/httpd] root# apachectl fullstatus
/usr/sbin/apachectl: command not found: lynx [142]

So, I went back to the my httpd.conf file.
I forgot that mod_perl and mod_ssl are statically linked, so I did not need
the AddModule command. . .

However, it now tells me that PerlWarn, PerlRestart, and PerlRequest are not
allowed?!?  These commands are issued from another file that I call as an
Include directive in the main httpd.conf file.

Anyone have an idea why?

--
Ward W. Vuillemot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>