On 5/6/02 at 11:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charles Albrecht) wrote:

> At 5:36 PM +0100 6/5/2002, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> >I've recently installed a lot of modules via CPAN.pm into
> Library/Perl/ (basically into directories like Bundle, DBD, Net,
> darwin) and I wondered if anybody here had upgraded to 10.1.5 and, if
> so, does it hose any of the above direcories?
> >
> >CPAN does not install into System/Library/Perl/ because of the
> permissions issues so I wondered what the new update did to the other
> standard Perl directories.
>
> I haven't installed it yet, but looking through the .bom for the
> update, it doesn't touch any of the Perl directories. It does
> re-install PHP and some DAV stuff and so it includes the following
> for /usr/libexec/httpd/

[snip]

Another reason not to upgrade :-(

I've got Marc Liyanage's excellent binary of PHP installed so I don't really want to
break that as well as MySQL. It looks like if I upgrade it'd take at least two days to
get the server (albeit a cottage industry one) back up and running.

Good news though, that all things Perl seem O.K. And that, after all, was my original
question :-)

Many thanks for all the replies and helpful info.

Regards,

Phil.