Has anyone got 5.8 RC2 to work, I'd like to have a version of Perl,
mod_perl and apache2 that works reasonably well.

I don't need absolute stability, this is a development box only and I
just want to play.

I've tried both RC2 and bleadperl but while both complile and test
successfully (except the DB test, which is a little odd as I have an up
to date Berkly DB installed..)

However, once installed doing almost anything that involves loading a
module results in undefined symbol errors and perl crashing. I've tried
compiling both statically and dynamically with much the same problems.

This box has had a fair amount of other junk installed, removed,
reinstalled etc over time so it may be something wierd with all the
other junk if it works for other people...I'm trying to hold out for Jaguar
before I wipe it and start again.

Thanks for any help

Michael

--
Dr Michael A. Maibaum - (W)+1 (415) 561 1682     /~\     The ASCII
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    - (H)+1 (415) 626 6733     \ /   Ribbon Campaign