Well, I spent most of yesterday using psync to copy my OS9, then my
OSX partitions to a firewire drive.  19G from HFS+ to HFS+ took about
an hour, but the 11G from my UFS to HFS+ took about five hours.

I used psync, as many recommended.

Even after uttering the "bless" commands given with in the FAQ and the
carbon-copy cloner, I was unable to select the firewire drive either
by "option" rebooting my laptop, or using either the OSX or OS9
startup disk control-panel-ish things.

So, psync isn't it.

Either that, or my TiPB can't boot from a firewire, but I don't recall
that being the case before.

So, now I guess I'll order Restrospect 5 and hope it gets here
quickly, since I'm supposed to be on my new laptop by the weekend. :(

And I hope *that* works.

Just sign me "frustrated",