On 7/21/02 8:11 PM, "David Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/21/02 12:22 PM, "Geoffrey F. Green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> claimed:
>
>> I installed Perl 5.8.0 in its own directory, leaving the Apple-supplied
>> version alone. (Everything's in /Library/Perl-5.8.0/)
>
> What's the config directive to get it to put all of its libraries in that
> subdirectory?

Simple answer: I don't know; I configured it interactively, even though that
was the only change I made from the default config.  I don't know enough
about building/configuring Perl to have any confidence that I'd choose the
right directives, given that none of the examples in the INSTALL document
know about the darwin-specific "/Library/Perl/" directories.

If you do find out, though, please enlighten us on the list, because I
expect I'll have to reinstall Perl 5.8.0 shortly after August 24. ;-)

 - geoff