On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 02:22  PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> dyld: perl multiple definitions of symbol _DLAddHead
> /Library/Perl/darwin/auto/mapscript/mapscript.bundle definition
> of _DLAddHead
> /Library/Perl/darwin/auto/Pg/Pg.bundle definition of _DLAddHead

(Following up own post)...The solution seems to be the
environment variable DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE. Even though all
these modules appear to be compiled with -flat_namespace.

So, is there some way I get a Perl script to get the env variable
before the modules are loaded? This does not work, but setting it
with setenv before running the script works.

#!/usr/bin/perl
$ENV{'DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE'} = 1;
use mapscript;
use DBI;