On Thursday, August 29, 2002, at 09:22 , Phil Dobbin wrote:
> On 29/8/02 at 07:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (drieux) wrote:
[..]
>> My compliments on the documentation and
>> the work around...
>
> All kudos to David Wheeler. I just followed his instructions and it
> worked for me ;-)

allow me to restructure then...

        Once I thought that the usual suspects of
                linux,emac,perl
        was clear proof that space aliens were taking over

        now I do perl on OSX

so there are all these interesting sites where things
align more to 'main stream apple way' or 'bsd-open-source'
and it's not always clear which are the 'true believers'....

So thank you for extending that list...

The problem I did not see directly on the page, or am
I missing something, but does he do his builds on a
ufs partition???? Since I get weirdness when I am on
my apple directory, rather than building stuff on
the NFS mounts...

granted, under our regime, we do that as a part of
the tao - since we want to have a single file server
for all the OS supporting stuff for all of the OS's...

So it was not until I downloaded something onto my
mac and tried to do the usual

        perl Makefile.PL
        make
        make test
        make install

that I ran into issues - I think it was with the
5.6.1 release...

ciao
drieux

---