Okay, I'm in "stupid question mode", so I'll keep this short.

I'm working on ways to track spam (where most people just want
to filter it), and looking around noticed a nifty bit of Perl
code which appears to do most of what I want, and could easily
be coerced into doing the rest as well...

http://www.unicom.com/sw/spamtrak/

Alas, I'm so used to just grabbing things from CPAN that I'm not
sure where to begin with installing this puppy "by hand".  I
appear to have all the prerequisites as described in the README
and INSTALL files, but I know there are some signifigant
differences in file structure under Darwin, and obviously don't
want to mess things up.

So if there's anyone out there willing to give me a breif
walk-through, or even just point me at a FAQ, I'd be much
obliged.

--B