On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 09:48  PM, Linc Davis wrote:

> 'make test' goes as expected (including a crash at test 61) until this
> point:
>
> lib/Shell............................
>
> Here the script seems to hang. 'sudo fs_usage perl' produces the
> following lines, repeated every few seconds for over an hour:
>
> lseek    0.000005   perl
> read     0.000075   perl
> read     0.000004   perl
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.

That's curious. I know that some of us have experienced problems with
the Time::HiRes tests hanging (Jarkko has fixed that problem in the
latest CPAN release of Time::HiRes, BTW), but not with lib/Shell. Seems
very strange. I suggest you report it to the Perl 5 porters via the
perlbug script.

Regards,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]