Todd,

I can vouch that gd 1.8.4 works with GD.pm 1.41 for me on Jagwyre. You can try going with the latest GD before 2.041 (that might well be GD 1.41) or, unless you need gd 2.x, you can go back to gd 1.8.4.

Or, you can tell the list what errors you get when 2.041 doesn't make (I won't be able to help you because I wouldn't understand it, but someone else on the list might be able to if you spell out the exact error).

One obvious question -- you do have libjpeg properly compiled, no?

Puneet.