Thanks for the input, Puneet. I've still got some questions, though.

First of all, I believe that the undefined symbols are from the
ImageMagick library itself. What this implies about my trying to 'use
Image::Magick;', I'm not sure.

Second, I haven't upgraded perl to 5.8.0, and I didn't think 5.6.1 and
5.6.0 were binary-incompatible. So how can I be having library conflicts?

--
David Dierauer
Database Programmer