On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 10:07  AM, Tim Grant wrote:

That is, now you can use the "Check Syntax" feature, and the correct install
of Perl will check the document. I didn't see that feature in their
literature, but it works.
I will have to double check. It is definitely in my engineering notes, but it is possible that it didn't make its way into the release notes or documentation.

<ot>Now, if they would go the next step and use the shebang to enable syntax
checking for other languages, such as shell scripts.</ot>
If there are other script interpreters which have flags like the perl interpreter has we can certainly entertain the idea. Send mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with appropriate details. (If the interpreter doesn't allow syntax checking, only running, then I'm afraid you are out of luck...)

Jim