From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:wiggins@;danconia.org]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 2:50 PM
To: Deshazer, Earl (GEAE); '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: deprecated?

deprecated is a general word for any programming language, OS, etc. that
indicates that a particular functionality is no longer suggested for new use but
that it will still work for indeterminate amount of time, and that at some point
in the future it will no longer work.

In the case of arrays, the one time I have seen it is when using
if(defined(@array)) which is the same as just saying if(@array) and taking the
scalar as true or false. This is deprecated because the second method is
preferable anyways, but it still works everywhere that warnings or strict is not
on.

To which particular instance were your referring?

http://danconia.org