At 00:03 +0100 2002.11.27, Tels wrote:
>>such as sharing code between Windows and Unix perl over NFS
>
>Uh, I do this for years.... and ActiveState Perl doesn't seem to have
>any problem with my Unix files. Where exactly is the problem? *puzzled*

As noted in previous posts, there is a (unfinished) feature in older
versions of perl that allows Unix perl to execute CRLF files, and Windows
perl to execute LF files.  But it does not allow MacPerl to execute CRLF or
LF files, and does not allow Unix or Windows perl to execute CR files.

>(Granted, I never used Mac OS, but I got a report that my stuff works on
>Mac OS, and somehow I doubt the the user in question converted all the
>source code beforehand...hm, must ask him. Good point)

Almost all tools for Mac OS unpack source with the proper newlines, either
automatically or on request.  If the user used Stuffit or somesuch, they
can set an option to translate newlines.  If they used MacPerl's module
installation tools, then it asks you if you want to convert newlines.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/