Hi,

I see that in MacPerl (not perl for OS X), $Config{startperl} is set to

"Perl -Sx \"{0}\" {\"Parameters\"}; Exit {Status}\n#!perl"

in Config.pm . I'm not sure what that extra stuff is before the shebang, but when I run a script that contains that (using MacPerl 5.6.1), I just get a perl syntax error. When I remove it, all is well.

Can anyone enlighten about what that first line is for?

Schwern and I have been working on getting Module::Build to support MacOS natively, because (1) then MacOS won't have to use different module-building procedures from the rest of the world, and (2) it's a good cross-platform proving ground since it's so different from Unix.

-Ken