I am running the exact same, fairly trivial CGI script on the iBook (Jag) and on a Win (W2k) box. Fill a form, retrieve something from a text file and display the results as well as the form.

Along with the results, on --
iBook: The form comes back re-initialized (nothing in it);
Windows: The form comes back with the previous form values filled in.

as I said, nothing special, just --

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use CGI::Pretty qw(:standard);
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

is this something that could be traced to my web server configuration (both are running Apache, vanilla, ie, no mod_perl, etc.), or is it specific to cgi on macs?

can't be browsers because I have tried it with various browsers on my Mac (IE, Chimera, iCab).

thanks,

Puneet.