On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:01:15PM -0500, kurt wrote:

> Apologies in advance for the long post, but I figured it would help
> forestall any of the obvious questions.
>
> I've been trying to install DBD::Pg for Postgres.
> Perl 5.8.0 is installed and working properly.
> Postgres 7.2.1 is installed and working properly.
> DBI installed without any problems.
> I have set the environment variables as follows:
>       export POSTGRES_INCLUDE="/usr/local/pgsql/include"
>       export POSTGRES_LIB="/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so"
>
> Problem:
>       DBD::Pg fails to install with an "Undefined symbols" error.
>
> Can anyone shed some light?

I just went through this yesterday.

This is what worked for me:

POSTGRES_INCLUDE='/usr/local/pgsql/include'
POSTGRES_LIB='/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lssl'

that '-lssl' seems to make the difference.

Mind you, that may cause some side effect that I'm not aware of.

cf. http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-users@perl.org/msg14684.html

good luck,

dha
--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"Look, vultures!  My dress is made of steaks!"