Hello all,

I, like many others, have come to really appreciate psync.  It's a wonderful
utility.  I used it successfully to backup to a remote NFS share when
running Mac OS 10.1.5.  However, since installing Jaguar (10.2) I have been
having problems.  I get the following error:

.psync.db : Inappropriate file type or format at /usr/local/bin/psync line
210.

I run as root the following command to backup:

psync -d -r / /Volumes/nfssharepath

This does not occur until after everything has backed up, when psync should
be writing the .psync.db file.  However, psync never writes the .psync.db
file.  This error occurs using psync with the perl 5.6.0 that came with
Jaguar as well as Apple's downloadable 5.8.0 version.  Does anyone else use
psync in 10.2 to backup to an NFS volume?  Any other help would be much
appreciated.  Thanks.

Chad Sellers