At 3:49 PM -0800 2/5/03, Rich Morin wrote:
Actually, it may well be a moot point.  Not that many files are
sparse, so the number of bytes is a reasonable indication of the
number of blocks.  It's just that I'd rather have the individual
block count for each fork.
Given that MacOS Classic didn't (as far as I know) support sparse files, it may well be that there's no way under the standard Mac interface to create a sparse resource fork.

Frankly, I'm sad to see resource forks fading away. But then, I miss Apollo's object-oriented file system too.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/ Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.