At 9:54 AM -0800 2/6/03, Mark Alldritt wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have an XS Perl module that I need to distribute in binary form as part of
a larger Mac OS X application.  However, because I want to support Perl 5.6
and 5.8 and these two versions are not binary compatible, I'm looking for a
way to package 5.6 and 5.8 builds of my module.  Can anyone offer any
suggestions on how to do this?
I'm not sure this is that feasable. It's easy enough to build a 5.6.0 perl module, because Apple ships that with OS X and you can link against it OK. 5.8.0, though, will be a custom build, and it'll be tough to make sure you build your XS module against a perl with the same options as the 5.8.0 the user's custom-built. Choose something wrong (multiplicity, threads, 64-bitness) and you'll fail reasonably badly, unfortunately.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk