At 11:38 AM -0600 1/3/03, Ken Williams wrote:
Actually, since I've done this, installing 5.8 over your stock perl does not seem to cause any problems in general.

Muuuuaaaaaahahahahah, NOT YET, it hasn't!

Grin.

Actually, I tend to do these kinds of "bad idea" perl installations from time to time, just because I know I can deal with it if things get hosed, and I like the experimentation. But I wouldn't recommend it to someone that just wants perl as a working tool in good shape. Sounds like you're probably of the same opinion, you don't mind tinkering a little with things if/when they break.

Absolutely. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, I'm just reporting that if you're game, it so far hasn't proved to be a disaster ;-)

Besides, who wanted Quicktime 6.0.2 anyway, and I bet they fixed the script for 6.0.3!

Enjoy,
   Peter.

--
<http://www.interarchy.com/>  <http://download.interarchy.com/>