I'm trying to get Scoop running on OSX 10.2.4 - I'm just about there,
everything's in but Apache::Request, which just won't build.

I have been running mod_perl on my own build of Apache 1.3.27 for a few
months now, and it works great, so I know there's no problem there.  My
apache runs in /opt and doesn't conflict with Apple's httpd, which I don't
use.  I've got the December dev tools installed and fink.  Perl is the
stock 5.6.0, which I am extremely reluctant to mess with.

I followed David Wheeler's build instructions for libapreq under Jaguar:

<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/02/07/libapreq_update.html>

What happens is: the C components build fine, but the Perl components die
horribly during the 'make' with zillions of compile errors.

A build log with the errors is at:

<http://slinberg.net/apache-session-build-failure.txt>

If anybody has any ideas for what do try, they'd be welcome.  I'm stumped.

- Steve Linberg

--
Steve Linberg, Chief Goblin
Silicon Goblin Technologies