Hi,

for the past few weeks, I've been trying to install slash on my TiBook under Nathan Torkington's perl5-8 distribution. I always ended up with some dyld errors relating to the modules Apache::Cookie and Apache::Request until I finally managed to get it all working yesterday evening. The problem was that I libapreq-1.1 didn't work on my system although it is supposed to be ported to Mac OS X. I guess it must work on some configurations but it doesn't work for me.

What did work, though, was patching apache to statically compile libapreq as detailed in David Wheeler's article at http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/11/05/apache_osx.html. At least with libapreq-1.1 one has to add all .c and .h files to the src/lib/apreq directory in the apache source tree in addition to the steps described in that article.

Anyway, I hope that the above information might help anyone,

with best regards,

Christian