I posted a related inquiry to [EMAIL PROTECTED], where Jim
Ingham (the TclTkAqua developer) saw it.  He responded:

JI> You should probably ask this question on the PerlTk newsgroup.
JI>
JI> Last time I heard, folks there were working on a version of PerlTk
JI> that would use Tk 8.4.x, but very slowly, as it seemed.  The first
JI> AquaTk port was 8.4.0, so this is the first requirement.  After that,
JI> somebody is going to have to do whatever magic they do to the Tk
JI> sources to munge them into PerlTk sources for the AquaTk port sources
JI> as well as the Windows & Unix ones.  I have had a few preliminary
JI> pings about this, but not in the past 6 months or so.

The Perl/Tk versions I've seen for OSX are called "Tk800.024" and
"Tk804.0_24":

  Tk800.024 is based on "Tk 8.0.5".  It is listed as the "latest release"
  on the CPAN.  It installs and works OK with Perl 5.6.0 (as shipped by
  Apple).

  Tk804.0_24 is based on Tk 8.4a2.  It is listed as a "developer release"
  on the CPAN.  It requires Perl 5.8.0, so I haven't tried it.  (See
  http://cfcl/rdm/section7/perltk.html for details.)

So, it sounds like a couple of issues need to be resolved.  First, there
needs to be a production release of Perl/Tk, based on Tk 8.4.x.  Then,
there would have to be a variant of this which took AquaTk's changes into
account.

I have no way of knowing, but my guess is that this isn't imminent.

-r
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.