On 3/16/03 7:08 AM, "Paul Corr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone successfully installed the XML::LibXML
> and XML::LibXSLT Perl modules on Jaguar.  I corresponded a bit with
> the author and he is aware that it works fine on 10.1 (I had it
> working) and it does not on 10.2. The module hasn't changed since
> last October or so. He has no Apple hardware to chase down the
> solution and it works everywhere else. He said if I, or anyone else I
> suppose, got it to install with some technique he would appreciate
> the info.

I just recently found a solution that worked great for me on Mac OSX 10.2.4
(and 10.2.4 Server). Mount <http://packages.opendarwinports.org> in your
finder install perl5.8 and all the libraries that you want from there. All
the installs go in /opt/local and are very unlikely to interfere with
anything you've installed already. The relink /usr/bin/perl to
/opt/local/bin/perl and make sure you are running the new perl (which perl
should now point to /opt/local/bin/perl). I also choose to put
/opt/local/bin on position one in my path.
Then run cpan -MCPAN -e shell and install all the modules you want, most of
them work right out of the box and XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT did not pose
any problem.
Let me know if I was not detailed enough.

HTH/h