For those who may so wish --

1. Create a folder in your home directory like so --

~/Developer/ProjectBuilder Extras/Specifications

2. Expand the attached file (perlpbspec.tar.gz). You will get two text files "Perl.pbfilespec" and "Perl.pblangspec". Drop the two files in the Specifications folder created in step 1 above.

Use ProjectBuilder to edit your Perl scripts... it will syntax color scripts ending with .cgi, .pl, .plx, and .pm. Plus, you will get other PB advantages such as a virtual Project view of your perl project, ability to read html documentation straight from within PB, etc. And, afaik, the only native Cocoa editor for Perl available for free, and developed by Apple, fwiw.

G'bye.

credits: I created the above after the hints for doing so for Python and Ruby available on the web. I compiled the keywords yesterday... there might be errors in the list. Adjust the filespec and langspec files to suit your taste and situation.