You need to be careful you have read following the wxPerl INSTALL.txt directions
carefully.  Near the bottom of the file there is a bit about needing to create a new
Perl EXE.  It is simple enough to do.

Of course, you also need to install wxWindows inself.

And no, it does not require X11.  BTW, there is a wxperl ML...

--
Ward W. Vuillemot
[EMAIL PROTECTED]