hi

rather OT i gather but maybe its a general case on all platforms/dbs

i have an annoying problem with sql server, maybe someone have encountered
something similar - it concerns special (danish) characters that im unable to
insert correctly in the db table (they seem to be escaped with an even stranger
char in the db)

if i print the words that i want to insert to a txtfile i can see that they are
correct at that point

this works:
----------
my $word = 'hardcoded with special chars: זרו';
my $sql = "insert into $table (word) values (?)";
my $sth = $dbh->prepare( $sql );
$sth->execute($word);

this doesn't work:
foreach my $word (keys %hash) {
        my $sql = "insert into $table (word) values (?)";
        my $sth = $dbh->prepare( $sql );
        $sth->execute($word);
        print OUT "$sql ($word)\n"; # looks correct
}