At 08:00 -0700 7/13/03, Chris Nandor wrote:
>Yes ... not to keep this discussion alive or anything. . . . .

And, folks. Don't make the mistake, as I once did, of confusing Chris Nandor with
Chris Nebel.

The latter is the guru on the AppleScript mailing list who corrected me when I
referred to AppleScript as "natural English". It's "English - like" to the cognoscenti.

It's the AppleScript dictionaries that make scripting so obscure. Statements, intended
to allow ordinary Mac users to write scripts, like:

"document inherits all of the properties of the superclass"

are not likely to be found in the Camel book or Learning Perl..

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.