At 9:00 am -0600 13/10/03, James Reynolds wrote:
This is one way to do it:

on open these_items
repeat with this_item in these_items
set the_path to POSIX path of this_item
set result to do shell script "/Users/james/backatcha.pl \"" & the_path & "\""
display dialog result
end repeat
end open

Save as an application.

And /Users/james/backatcha.pl is:

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "I got: $ARGV[0]";

Thank you very much for that suggestion -- it is just the sort of thing I was hoping for.

But I have a bug somewhere -- just a simple AS

do shell script "/Users/alanfry/Desktop/backatcha.pl"

results in the error:

...backatcha.pl:perl:bad interpreter:Permission denied

The script runs fine from the Terminal with the command 'perl' however. What am I missing?

Alan

I'm not sure. You might try putting the exact Terminal command inside of the do shell script command, like this:

do shell script "perl /Users/alanfry/Desktop/backatcha.pl"

or you might make the file /Users/alanfry/Desktop/backatcha.pl executable like this:

chmod u+x /Users/alanfry/Desktop/backatcha.pl

--

Thanks,

James Reynolds
University of Utah