I'm working on a template-reading module and I have a
question. I'm using a regex to pluck out the
references to data and replace them with the data
itself, and the template file can be very long. If I
were reading straight from the file and interpolating
I could use a good ol' while(<>){} loop to keep the
segments being regexed short (i.e. to the length of
one line). But since I only want to read through the
template once and store it in memory,
while(<$template>){} doesn't work for obvious reasons.

So I was wondering, is there any good equivalent I can
use so that i don't have to slurp the whole file up at
once to regex?

~wren