At 16:09 +0800 2003.12.11, Peter N Lewis wrote:
>The thing that scares me is having every Apple event run with those env vars
>on ... I wonder if it would hurt performance of the entire system.  That's
>the way this works, it puts those vars (and others) in your
>.MacOSX/environment.plist and then captures them, and formats them, or
>somesuch.

Not sure about performance, but quick update: if you use this, be sure to
DISable those vars you've added to .MacOSX/environment.plist in your
.bash_profile or somesuch, else any time you run any command-line app that
uses Apple events (like the bbedit tool), you'll get all this AE debug junk
in your terminal.

My guess is that this would be most useful to use on an occasional basis,
because I can't see having those debug statements in all the time, filling
up your console.log with tons of AE info (it is, in my case, in
/Library/Logs/Console/pudge/ with all the files 0600, so at least it is
secure, but still, it's a lot of data).

I've still not actually tried the app though.  :)

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/