On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 06:39:07 -0500, Tim Murphy wrote:
> dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
> /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.bundle
> undefined reference to _OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms expected to be
> defined in a dynamic image
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> I googled the error message, and didn't get anything.. It's a bad
> message when google doesn't even come back with a hit.. But I
> stumbled across your list serv, and was hoping a perl guru might be
> able to lend me some help..
Tim,

        it seems that perl can't access some library functions that it needs to make
SSLeay work.

        You might want to do the following:
                Search for OPENSSL, e.g.:
                        sudo find / openssl | grep openssl

                Depending on if you installed the Developer Tools or not you get 2 or
1 location(s) for the main file returned. E.g.:
                        /usr/include/openssl

                Now... take a look at your PATH, e.g.:
                        set | grep PATH

                Are the directories for the openssl main directory included in the
PATH?
                If not you have two choices:

                        a) add the openssl main directory to the path
                                PATH=$PATH:/usr/openssl
                        b) add INCLUDE tags for openssl
                                export OPENSSL_INCLUDE="/usr/openssl/include"

        Hope this helps.

thanks
/oliver/