On 6 Feb 2004, at 02:37 pm, Chris Devers wrote:
Anyway, it was pointed out to me in a different offlist response that I
was probably answering the wrong question. Oh well -- it still seems like
a useful (and under-publicized?) capability of the standard MySQL client,
so maybe bringing it up will still be of use to someone...

Very true .. I'm a PostGreSQLer rather than a MySQLer, and looking through the mailing lists there it looks like theres been talk of accessing the XML as data rather than as text ... hmmmm.. Feb 2003 .. I might poke some people!

Rick Measham
Senior Designer and Developer

Printaform Pty Ltd
Tel: (03) 9850 3255