On Mar 24, 2004, at 4:18 PM, kynan wrote:

Hi all - a very quick question:

I'm a web developer (PHP, javascript etc) with a little Perl and I used to use Applescript about 10 years ago.

I want to write a simple script that I can distribute to OS X users along with a folder of images. When clicked (has to be totally simple), the script copies the folder of images and sets the Desktop System Preferences to use the images inside it as the desktop pattern and to change every minute. Should I use Perl or Applescript?

Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I think you should probably use Apple's "X-Code Developer Tools" that come with Mac OS 10.3.

You might use Sherm Pendly's "CamelBones" with perl to do this, but I'm not sher(m). I can't help at all with Applescript.

Bill Stephenson