On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Chris Devers wrote:

> Unfortunately, I get the same error you do when I try to run it:
>
>     $ ./osatest.sh
>     ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type
> (regR/carP/x!bt)
>     syntax error: A unknown token can't go after this some object. (-2740)
>     $

In other words, "syntax error":

    OSASyntaxError                = -2740, /* Signaled when a syntax error
         occurs. (e.g. "Syntax error" or "<this> can't go after <that>")*/

<http://diariox.com/downloads/MacErrors.h>

    sub OSASyntaxError { -2740 }

    =item OSASyntaxTypeError

    Signaled when another form of syntax was expected.
    (e.g. "expected a <type> but found <this>")

    =cut

<http://search.cpan.org/src/BDFOY/Mac-Errors-0.9/lib/Errors.pm>

And many other variants of this turn up elsewhere.

I still don't know enough Applescript to guess which line has the syntax
error, but that at least tells you what you're looking at...

--
Chris Devers