I just tried it, and the application can be downloaded & installed just
fine, but if you try to run it you're asked for a .Mac login to procede.

I don't suppose there was an option for selecting the .Mac server?

I have some vague memory that Mac OS X server includes the ability to set up and provide several of the services provided on .Mac, but I might have been hallucinating. Sometimes my dreams seem pretty real when I don't get to bed until four-ish. Maybe I should see if I can find something on that.

--
Joel Rees
    If God hadn't meant for us to tweak our source code,