I think this question has come up before, but if there is an API for the Energy Saving settings (or whatever those are in English), I think I'd want to have my backup script set the system to not sleep while the backup was in progress, and then restore the setting when done. Until that part is working, I'd change the setting by hand, of course.

Joel Rees

Thanks Joel. I searched and found some shareware that puts enhanced controls into your menu bar including Energy Savings. Whoever wrote it had to use the API, so there must be one.

Joe.