On Jun 13, 2004, at 1:45 AM, Phil Calvert wrote:

I enter the line "sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install libwww-perl'" and things seem to go well for a while but then it gets stuck at:

CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /Users/thatsme/.cpan/Metadata
 Database was generated on Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:34:06 GMT
Warning: Cannot install 0, don't know what it is.
Try the command

 i /0/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

Any ideas on where I go from here?

I get the same error, and also on Linux with 5.8.3 - it appears to be an error in the book. It's not mentioned in the errata listed on oreilly.com though. Maybe something's changed since the book was printed; it's not that old (Oct. '03), but it's possible, especially given the lead time for dead tree editions.

Installing Bundle::LWP works though - i.e. "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::LWP'".

sherm--