been googling around for this but I'm not running into what I need:

I have accounts on 4 macs running OSX, in 4 separate physical locations, so I'm looking to sync things like mail rules, ical files and bookmarks (Safari, Omniweb).

The strategy I'm aiming to adopt is using cron perl job (or jobs) to check for changes, merging and storing a central copy of the files in question on a central 24/7 server as required.

With the exception of Omniweb bookmarks, everything else is in a kind of plist. Ages ago I threw together a hack for iCal files that does work (sort of) and I've read about Mac::plist but am left with the impression it's as quirky as my current iCal solution, so (yes I finally got to the question I want to ask):

Has anyone been here? Tips? Warnings? Encouragement?
Is there are more reliable parser than Mac::plist?

TIA

Robin