On Oct 14, 2004, at 6:02 PM, jtownsen wrote:

I have a hierarchy of folders that I'd like to delete. Normally I'd use "rm -r". However, there folders contain at least one file that is locked. I'm familiar with using chmod to change permissions. However a locked file on a Mac, as I understand it, is a not a permission thing, but a Mac OS thing.

I've heard that their is an Apple-provided tool to unlock files (e.g. in terminal). Anyone know what the tool is called? Or any other approach?

It's /Developer/Tools/SetFile. There's a man page at `man SetFile`.

 -Ken