At 5:21 pm -0700 21/9/04, wren argetlahm wrote:

I've recently started messing around with Thunderbird.
I like it a bunch but I'm wondering if there's any
good way to port over my Address Book, with perl or
otherwise.

The Applescript script below creates a UTF-8 encoded .vcf file on your desktop containing all your contacts:

set f to ("" as Unicode text) & (path to desktop) & ¬ "addresses.vcf" as file specification try close access f end try open for access f with write permission tell application "Address Book" repeat with i from 1 to count people set _card to vcard of person i tell me to write _card to f as «class utf8» end repeat end tell close access f read f -- just for reassurance

JD