Hi,

I'm about to write a number of fairly simple perl scripts. They'll be reading xml files. Unfortunately they've got to be installed on a client machine that uses 10.1.5, owned by a fairly untechnical user. I've always had control of the environment before, and I've no experience with making installation nice and easy. I'm fairly sure developer tools won't be installed on the client machine.

I don't need much of a gui interface, so I'm planning on a drop-script front end. What's worrying me is getting the modules and parser installed.

How can I find out what is installed on the client machine by way of xml parsers? Did 10.1.5 come with expat or libxml? If so, how can I make installing XML::LibXML or XML::Twig easy? I might be able to make a 10.1.5 environment temporarily to test this out - will this make my life a lot easier?

And what else should I be thinking about?

Thanks,

Richard