It was suggested that the macosx list might be interested in this
discussion.

----- Forwarded message from Edward Moy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Edward Moy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:36:54 -0800
To: Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Suggestions to better ship Perl on OS X.

Yes, I'm still the person.  The splitting of the perl (and other
projects) into different distributions has been a sore point for a long
time.  The historical reason for it was to make a minimum system
installation fit on the minimum number of CDs.  This is of less
importance now that DVDs are being used for distribution, but still a
consideration.

So thanks for reporting the perldiag.pod problem.  The problem of pure
perl modules failing to install because the CORE header files are
missing (which I assume is still a problem) was on my list to get
fixed, but I've busy on so many other things.

Are there any other issues along these lines that I can use as an
argument to keep perl together?  I need to convince the group that does
the actual packaging of the distributions.

Edward Moy
Apple

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Once is a prank.  Twice is a nuisance.  But NINE TIMES is a TRADITION.